September 7, 2012 the opening of the Art Gallery of Hero of Belarus, People’s Artist of Belarus, honorary citizen of the city of Minsk Michael A. Savitsky. Gallery is located in a distinctive building on the Upper Town ave. of Liberty 15 – Former City of XVIII century manor house with annex.
At different times, the owners of the estate were known citizens of Minsk. At the end of the seventeenth century, the house belonged to Count Mikhail Pshezdetskiy, at the beginning of the nineteenth century – a nobleman Andrey Stankevich, then – the local constable, known for its time, the cultural activist Yuri Kobylinsky. Manor of Kobylinsky was a meeting place for intellectuals of the city, and the owner was engaged in literary activities and collecting. Private collection Kobylinsky was open to all comers and, according to the researchers, was the first public museum in Minsk. In the middle of the XIX century house acquired Mayor Leopold Delpatse. From 1872 – 1918 estate belonged to a male religious school. In the postwar period and until 2004 there was a recruiting station of regional recruiting office.
Four rooms set aside for the reconstruction of the historic interiors of residential premises of the manor house – a large living room, small living room, office, library. In addition, in separate rooms reconstructed fragments of beautiful decor, the reconstruction of a tiled oven.
To demonstrate the newsreel, documentary chronicles, videos, interviews, documentaries on M. Savitsky, other Belarusian and foreign artists is equipped with a special film – lecture hall. In the same time as watching video content authors can exhibit several works, to meet with visitors, thereby announce its new creative projects. In the exhibition hall of the total area of 380 square meters. m. pass changeable exhibitions.